– September 2016 – From A Woman’s Perspective
Felicity Sidwell ~ “Fall Marsh Low Tide” ~ Oil on Canvas 12″ x 9″
Richard Boyd Art Gallery’s September exhibit, From A Woman’s Perspective celebrates 5 women artists: Pat Chandler, Julianne Garvey, Jane Herbert, Felicity Sidwell and Kim Skillin Traina. Each artist has her own style, technique, and approach to art that has been shaped by her experiences and inner journey coming of age during the 1960’s and 1970’s.
From A Woman’s Perspective opens September 1, at 10 a.m. The exhibit is on view free of charge to the public between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily through September 29, 2016. There is no opening reception for this exhibit.
– October 2016 – Scenes of Maine: An Annual Group Exhibit
Pat Chandler ~ “Morning Stream” ~ Mixed Media 18″ x 36″
Richard Boyd Art Gallery opens Scenes of Maine an annual exhibit of paintings depicting imagery of Maine on October 1 at 10:00 a.m. The exhibit features paintings by artists whose works capture the diversity of subject matter in Maine which has long been a source of inspiration.
On exhibit are a selection of paintings in a variety of mediums and styles depicting scenes from the interior, to the islands, coves, and working waterfronts in Maine. Each work is the artist’s interpretation of a scene in Maine. The exhibit features works by Pat Chandler, Julianne Garvey, Jane Herbert, Rabee Kiwan, Wilson Stewart, and Kimberly Skillin Traina.
‘Scenes of Maine’ is on view free of charge to the public between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily through October 31, 2016. There is no opening reception for this exhibit.
– November 2016 – Serenity 2016: An Annual Group Exhibit
Richard Boyd Art Gallery is pleased to present an annual exhibition of paintings in a variety of styles and broad range of mediums that evoke feelings of tranquility or calmness in the viewer. ‘Serenity’ opens on November 4, at 10 a.m. and is on view free of charge to the public between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through November 27, 2016. There is no opening reception for this exhibit.
– December 2016 through January 2017 – Holiday Offerings
Richard Boyd Art Gallery’s annual Holiday Offerings group exhibit of small scale visual works of art includes a selection of paintings and sculptures no larger than 16″ x 16.”
2017 Exhibition Schedule:
– February 2017 – Group Exhibit
Visual art created by gallery artists in a variety of mediums and styles depicting a broad range of subjects.
– March 2017 – It’s Not So Black and White
Annual exhibit of visual art created using values of black and white depicting a variety of scenes in a broad range of mediums.
– April 2017 – Works on Paper
An exhibit of paintings and drawings in a variety of styles, depicting a broad range of scenes.
– May 2017 – Bob Santandrea and Kimberly Skillin Traina: Pastels.
– June 2017 – Randy Eckard: A Solo Exhibition of Watercolors.
– July 2017 – Pat Chandler: A Solo Exhibition of Mixed Media Paintings.
– August 2017 – Jane Herbert: A Solo Exhibition of Paintings in Acrylic.
– September 2017 – Amy Bickford and Julianne Garvey
A two person exhibition of paintings in acrylic based gouache and watercolor.
– October 2017 – Annual Scenes of Maine Exhibit.
The 9th annual exhibit of art works in a variety of mediums and broad range of styles depicting imagery of Maine. The exhibit features visual art that captures the diversity of subject matter in Maine which has long been a source of inspiration for artists.
– November 2017 – TBD.
– December 2017 – Annual Holiday Offerings Exhibit.